Sunday, June 03, 2007

lazy lemur says...

I've been quite a lazy lemur these days...
So, Thursday, had a wild night in Hyehwa. First met Shizuka and Hanna for dinner, then a drink at Comfort Zone, then Mr Kim joined us for a few more pints. Mr Kim was happy to hear my advocacy towards multicultural couples. Of course, I'm advocating for something I am also experiencing, so my advocacy was kinda biased... Anyway, good luck to the fighting fighting couple (Mr Kim and Shizuka) and long live my couple as well...
I had my darts initiation. Marked a few points actually and stopped making holes in the wall. Got the confirmation that A. I look younger than my age, so younger guys -should I emphasize very younger- tend to pick me up (hey, out of the way. I'm a taken lady ^^), B. My Korean sounds Japanese (thought I was trying my best to sound Korean though... Still a long way to go... Actually you cannot go against the flow of your genes...).
Friday. En français dans le texte. J'ai fait l'école buissonière pour une fois. Invitations presse pour aller voir deux films grâce au copain de Shizuka, journaliste. Ocean's 13 et le dernier Lars Von Trier. L'un comme l'autre étaient... Sans commentaires. Même la présence de George Clooney et Brad Pitt n'ont pas réussi à susciter mon attention. Quand au LVT, ce fut rude rude rude. Danois sous-titré coréen... La fête. Je comprends l'exaspération de Shizuka quand son chéri l'amène parfois à des press preview de films tchèques ou hongrois...
After that, had some Korean barbecue. Well, was supposed to meet one of Aelan's friends from the Philippines, currently doing his PhD in Japan. He was "with friends" from Japan... that were actually ladies in their 60s. So, we met in Hyehwa, had some barbecue, brought them for a coffee in Hakrim. Then, the ladies went to sleep and had a pint of stout with Brian, at CZ. Was nice to meet him, and I guess we'll meet again in Tokyo during my conference in Tokyo.
Saturday; had a wonderful dinner in Guri with Guri gang and English teachers. Kim spoilt us with some good food! The theme of the dinner was wine and patio. Cool night in Guri, and Guri's a nice place to live in. Not too far from Seoul, and still a city.

No comments:

" />