Monday, June 18, 2007

sending things back...

Sent back my stuff back to France. There’s a sort of a relief. I sent back all the conference proceedings from Gwangju, all my winter stuff (yes, I was pretty well prepared to the Korean winter ^^), it was as if I were renewing my skin.
At the post office, I made a strange encounter. As I was queuing with my 20 kilos luggage to be sent back to France, there was a lady before me, who had the same difficulty as me in speaking Korean. She looked Asian but had a strong French accent when she was speaking Korean. So, curious as a cat-mouse, I asked her where she came from. She was a Japanese dancer who used to work for Preljocaj dance company in Aix en Provence. And, actually, I happened to see her dancing in Japan, as she was the lead role in the Sacre du Printemps directed by Preljocaj during the France Danse 03 Festival (for which I worked a little during my internship, I mainly wrote the report sent to the ministry, and the Ambassador’s speeches…). World’s so small, isn’t it. Anyway, I’ll meet her again in Paris, as she will dance in Créteil next spring.
While I was queuing, I also heard that song, Seasons in the sun. We used to sing it, with the Asia Culture Academy ‘monkey family’… I can still hear our laughs filled with the sadness of departures to come…
Remembrances of my internship at the French Embassy and of the ACA Youth Workshop made me feel a bit nostalgic. The good thing is, it also reminds me that my short life has been also filled with happy moments, that were worth it! Though the past few days were devoted to sobbing, mourning and struggling against my unwillingness to work on the articles, these two encounters with the past were the reminders that I should “aja aja fighting”. And that being a talkative and curious person is a good thing too. My law lecturer used to say I was a terrible chatterbox, that I could even chat with a wall. True. I guess though it’s a good thing to be a forward-looking person, eager to talk to new people.
Will be enjoying Korea until the last bite before feeling the nostalgia of Korea…

No comments:

" />